Town Square

Post a New Topic

Dryer fire damages home on Margarita Avenue

Original post made on Nov 21, 2012

Palo Alto firefighters used a garden hose to extinguish a dryer fire Tuesday afternoon at 1:57 p.m. in the 200 block of Margarita Avenue.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, November 21, 2012, 9:13 AM

Comments (2)

Like this comment
Posted by Cur Mudgeon
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Nov 21, 2012 at 12:56 pm

The moral of the story is don't leave your appliances on when you are away. Dryers overheat; washers overflow or become unbalanced; dishwashers melt and ignite fallen plastic utensils. Sorry for the resident, smoke damage is messy.


Like this comment
Posted by Ducatigirl
a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Nov 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Cur Mudgeon is absolutely right. I think a lot of people don't realize that they should clean their dryer duct annually AT LEAST. It also helps your clothes dry faster, if fire prevention isn't enough of a reason.


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 2,488 views

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU
By Laura Stec | 34 comments | 2,066 views

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 3 comments | 1,428 views

Joe Simitian talk: Listening to Trump's America: Bridging the Divide
By Douglas Moran | 13 comments | 849 views

Don't be a ghost
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 586 views