Nearly half of Santa Clara County residents 65 and up have been vaccinated

Original post made on Feb 16, 2021

The COVID-19 vaccine rollout has been difficult and is taking longer than expected, but Santa Clara County officials say they are seeing notable progress.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, February 15, 2021, 9:46 PM

Posted by Richard
a resident of Downtown North
on Feb 16, 2021 at 10:21 am

Richard is a registered user.

Good news! I hope it will go faster soon!

Posted by Police Are Busy At Foothill Park
on Feb 17, 2021 at 1:51 pm

Police Are Busy At Foothill Park is a registered user.

@ "It is heartening to see that as a county, we have made such great progress in vaccinating our older residents who are at very high risk of severe illness and death from COVID-19," said Dr. Marty Fenstersheib, the county's COVID-19 testing and vaccine officer.

He must be joking. It's disappointing to see the SCC Health Dept Covid officer give his department such high praise and self-congratulations. SCC is actually doing a terrible, slow job getting shots in arms. They've been nothing but destructive both to our school openings and business communities, and thereby people's lives, with their overly strict, illogical, inconsistent "guidelines" (ie. obstacles). Many counties all over the country have prioritized and vaccinated teachers. SCC has done nothing of the sort! As PAUSD Superintendent Don Austin stated, "SCC is LAST to the table for vaccinating school employees. Will line up huge lobbying effort this week. Be prepared to join us. All teachers in CA should have the same opportunity at the same pace. #ThisIsWrong".

Posted by Resident 1-Adobe Meadows
a resident of Adobe-Meadow
on Feb 18, 2021 at 11:03 am

Resident 1-Adobe Meadows is a registered user.

My health services are at the PAMC. This and other major health carriers were limited in their available shots. I could not get any reservation on their on-line system and waited for an hour to talk to someone who has me now scheduled next Week. And I am in the high risk category. I am disgusted with how this all has been handled. I feel like I was penalized for being a PAMC person. I know that the Kaiser people are in the same boat. Meanwhile a friend in Chicago get her shot at a Walmart - she does not have a big health carrier. How they ended up classifying people by health carrier needs to be reviewed as to who is pulling the strings.

Posted by Resident 1-Adobe Meadows
a resident of Adobe-Meadow
on Feb 19, 2021 at 11:18 am

Resident 1-Adobe Meadows is a registered user.

I have a call from Sutter Health that they have not received any new vaccine and my scheduled appointment has been canceled. They will call me for a reschedule. In the meantime do not call my doctor since they are not in the loop for scheduling.

Posted by Online Name
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Feb 19, 2021 at 11:45 am

Online Name is a registered user.

Interesting about Sutter. I'm due and have received no notice. Also, the article I read mentioned that supplies of Modena which the county's giving out is delayed but nothing about Pfizer which Sutter's using.

Interested to hear from other PAMF people.

In order to encourage respectful and thoughtful discussion, commenting on stories is available to those who are registered users. If you are already a registered user and the commenting form is not below, you need to log in. If you are not registered, you can do so here.

Please make sure your comments are truthful, on-topic and do not disrespect another poster. Don't be snarky or belittling. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

See our announcement about requiring registration for commenting.

Get the most important local news stories sent straight to your inbox daily.

Specialty's Cafe and Bakery comes back to life in Mountain View (cookies included)

Kill two birds with one ... mini-split!
By Sherry Listgarten | 15 comments | 4,144 views

March Madness for Seniors
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 2,698 views

Whoof! Our problems have all disappeared
By Diana Diamond | 13 comments | 2,608 views

Premarital and Couples: How Long is Your Restoration Cycle?

Submit your story today

The 35th Annual Palo Alto Weekly Short Story Contest is now accepting entries for Adult, Young Adult and Teen categories. Submit your short story here by April 2 (online submissions only). Stories must be 2,500 words or less. First, Second and Third Place prizes awarded in each category. Sponsored by Kepler's Books, Linden Tree Books and Bell's Books.

Contest Details