Former Restaurant on Embarcadero next to Ming's?

Original post made by Carl Mindling, Embarcadero Oaks/Leland, on Apr 11, 2020

The year was about 1977 and we dined at a restaurant near Ming's location when it was on the Embarcardero near 101. Was it Scott's Seafood location prior to them moving to Town and Country Village? It might have changed hands but it was a fairly big space that was steak and seafood themed. Perhaps a chain.

Posted by Palo Parent
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Apr 11, 2020 at 10:25 am

Are you perhaps thinking it was the Stickney's Hick'ry House which closed in 2000?

Web Link

Posted by Carl Mindling
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Apr 11, 2020 at 11:46 am

Thanks to Palo Parent for your reply. I do remember Stickney's in your Town & Country Center. We too had one down in San Jose but not in our T&C. I am remembering not the Scott's Seafood location in your T&C Village but what I recall was a restaurant similar to Scott's seafood and steak in a building on The Embarcadero near 101 next to where Ming's resided for so many years. I know I went there in 1977 so that was the era. I just can't recall the exact restaurant. I believe when Ming's closed the entire area was redeveloped and perhaps the restaurant in question vanished as well.

Posted by WilliamR
on Apr 11, 2020 at 12:20 pm

Yes, it was Scott's, before they moved to Town and Country. It was on the other side of the frontage road, in an office center between the frontage road and the freeway.

Posted by Carl Mindling
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Apr 11, 2020 at 12:30 pm

WilliamR, Thanks for confirming what I vaguely recall. I am mostly a South Bay person but do frequent many businesses on the Peninsula. We dined there at Scott's one night before a concert at the Circle Star.

Posted by CrescentParkAnon.
on Apr 11, 2020 at 6:10 pm

Scott's was on the other side of the street.

Posted by Another Yes
on Apr 12, 2020 at 10:41 pm

I grew up in Palo Alto. Yes, it was Scott's Seafood.

Stay informed.

Get the day's top headlines from Palo Alto Online sent to your inbox in the Express newsletter.

Arya Steakhouse, a standby for steaks and Persian cuisine, moves to downtown Palo Alto
By The Peninsula Foodist | 0 comments | 2,585 views

“To get the full value of joy . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 807 views

Register today to support local nonprofits

The 38th annual Moonlight Run and Walk is Friday evening, September 9. Proceeds go to the Palo Alto Weekly Holiday Fund, benefiting local nonprofits that serve families and children in Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties. Join us under the light of the full Harvest Moon on a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run or half marathon. Complete your race in person or virtually to support local nonprofits.

Register Now!