Rich Chili wins July Fourth Chili Cook-Off

Original post made on Jul 8, 2014

Rich Chili, a team largely comprised of professional chefs for Google, took the top prize of Best Overall in this year's Chili Cook-Off on Friday, July 4.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Monday, July 7, 2014, 10:30 AM

Posted by Brick
on Jul 8, 2014 at 10:55 am

This event stunk, stunk, stunk. Too many people and not enough chili or ice cream.

Posted by Rich
a resident of Los Altos
on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:09 am

I got there early and never got to taste any chili. Lines were long and they ran out of chili. After 2 -40 minute waits, I gave up. I thought it was a great idea but not that much fun.

Posted by Corporations are People
on Jul 8, 2014 at 11:32 am

"Rich Chili, a team largely comprised of professional chefs for Google".

They should have been included in the Corporate Division instead of the Open Division.

Posted by Love the tradirion
on Jul 8, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Something needs to change in order to keep people interested. Lines too long. Icecream a disaster, running out of chili after waiting 40 min, and not being able to vote.
Help this event. I like the tradition.
Where was Ada's??
I paid and wasted tickets due to sold out and long lines this year.

Posted by KP
a resident of South of Midtown
on Jul 8, 2014 at 12:55 pm

YAAAY!! Congrats Team Rich's Chili!
I love the Chili Cookoff. It's great to hear about the new ice cream event. I, too, wish they would get more organized and plan better for the tastings. They ALWAYS run out. We usually bring our own food and wine and enjoy friends and family.
Sorry I missed this year's event. I'm sure my driveway was completely utilized.

Posted by Dev
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Jul 8, 2014 at 2:26 pm

[Portion removed.]

Not that I would ever stand in line for 30+ minutes for a taste of chili, but if for some reason this event was more organized I might consider a >30 minute wait.

Let's get it together Palo Alto.
Congrats Rich Chili!

Posted by Matthew Martin
on Jul 8, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Congrats to Rich Chili... their chili was indeed amazing. Overall great event! The Goldenslate team was fortunate to be apart of the festivities and loved the camaraderie between the competing booths. We were pleasantly surprise to be honored with 2nd place in the corporate division (being that it was our first year out). For more photos check out the Chili Cookoff album on www.facebook.com/goldenslate

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto