Truck driver convicted in 2011 crash that killed Palo Alto family

Original post made on Apr 29, 2014

A truck driver involved in a fiery 2011 accident in Canada that killed a Palo Alto family of four was convicted Monday on four counts involving negligence and dangerous driving.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 11:43 AM

1 person likes this
Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 29, 2014 at 11:57 am

Hmmm is a registered user.

It's heartbreaking to see the photos of this beautiful, smiling family. It's an incalculable loss.

1 person likes this
Posted by lindsay
on Apr 29, 2014 at 10:19 pm

It's absolutely breaking to imagine how grown-up the children should have been now. My condolences to the family and friends.

1 person likes this
Posted by Remembering Sam
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:47 am

What a loss for the Howard's family. We miss Sam and the fun the girls had with PAGS softball and at JLS.

Posted by So Sad
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:57 am

It's very easy to be killed in a car accident. I'm amazed there aren't more accidents on 101 with everyone texting/sleep-deprived these days.

This is an extremely sad story, for both the relatives and the driver, who made one careless error - which we all do at times while driving. He'll never be the same either. An overall tragedy.

Posted by So Sad
on Apr 30, 2014 at 8:57 am

Posted by Raymond
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Apr 30, 2014 at 11:25 am

Big Rigs don't belong on the road with the rest of us. Go back to rail!

1 person likes this
Posted by Yvanna
a resident of Adobe-Meadow
on Aug 16, 2014 at 12:52 pm

I am from Alberta and drive past the location of the accident on my way through BC a few times each year. It breaks my heart each time I drive past even though I never knew the family. They sound like an amazing family and my heart pours out to everyone who loved them. Many tears from Canada!

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 918 views