Town Square

Post a New Topic

Taking a bite out of emergency preparedness

Original post made on Jun 22, 2012

After a chlorine-gas explosion caused more than 200 people to be evacuated from their homes last September, the old Scouts motto to "be prepared" took on new meaning for residents at the Midtown Court apartment complex.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, June 22, 2012, 12:00 AM

Comments (2)

Like this comment
Posted by Grateful Neighbor
a resident of Midtown
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Farah Dilber sounds like a real local hero! Glad she's in our community!


Like this comment
Posted by Caryll-Lynn
a resident of Midtown
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Greetings Everyone, I am the "Neighbors Coordinator" for MidtownCourt.Neighbors & Friends.
It's safe to say neighbors on my block are buzzing over Sue's through article about the fun activities happening on Midtown Ct. We're an oasis in the heart of Midtown. You know the tiny street behind Midtown Center off Colorado Ave. Please mark your calandars for Sat. July 7th,9am to Noon.
Come meet & mingle w/the wonderful people who live Midtown Ct.
Bring your fire extinguishers to be checked for FREE. A licensed technican from ACE Fire Equipment & Service Co will recharge extinguisher if needed for $10 each. Afew trained CERT neighbors will be on hand to discuss proper fire extinguisher use (P.A.S.S method) and fire safety. Schedule 15 min appt. for Fire Ext Checks at MidtownCourt.Neighbors@gmail.com
Plus, talk w/Zero Waste Block Leaders about Reduce,Reuse & Recycling.
Location: Midtown Center parking lot next to Wells Fargo ATM.
Happy Summer, Caryll-Lynn


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

This time we're not lying. HONEST! No, really!
By Douglas Moran | 12 comments | 975 views

Couples: When Wrong Admit It; When Right; Shut Up
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 861 views

One-on-one time
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 608 views