A leaner Palo Alto Adult School marks 90 years

Original post made on Dec 11, 2011

It's all about jobs, says Kara Rosenberg, director of the Palo Alto Adult School. As state financing dwindles and funds once reserved for adult education are freed up for other purposes, Palo Alto's 90-year-old adult-education program is slimming down and gearing up for the challenge.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, December 10, 2011, 12:44 PM

Posted by A.J. Lumsdaine
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Over the years I have had wonderful writing classes at top tier schools on both coasts (including locally), but improved by far the most from a writing workshop I took through the Palo Alto Adult School. What a value for my money! It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say it changed my life.

My workshop was led by the incomparable Barbara Noble, who has since retired and moved away. I continue to be amazed by the quality of the offerings through the adult school. A true gem for the community.

Posted by A.J. Lumsdaine
on Dec 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm

I just learned, sadly, that Barbara passed away earlier this year. If any of her former students happen to read this, I hope you will join me in sharing your remembrances:
Web Link

Posted by love it
a resident of Charleston Meadows
on Dec 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm

i've taken adult pilates classes there with jen and have loved loved them..best value in this economy..too bad they are not being offered now..i've switched to adult piano lessons and am enjoying that now! hope pa adult school fluorishes!

Posted by ChrisC
a resident of College Terrace
on Dec 12, 2011 at 4:08 pm

I volunteer tutor ESL for Palo Alto Adult Ed. My student takes the free ESL classes. I've seen his English improve so very much in the two years I've known him. It's marvelous to see people become integrated into our culture through these programs.

Posted by Susan Cole
on Dec 13, 2011 at 12:02 am

I work for the ESL program, and Kara is a wizard! It is amazing what she continues to do with reduced resources to keep our programs fresh and up to date. Our support staff is also top notch.

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE AND I BRING YOU

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 969 views