New Palo Alto hotel keen on hip, young guests

Original post made on May 14, 2010

Hotel Keen, at 425 High St., is Palo Alto's first new hotel in a decade and part of a local spike in hotel development that bucks national trends. It is also a sign of the changing face of hospitality -- smaller hotels aimed at younger guests.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, May 14, 2010, 9:22 AM

Posted by YIMBY
a resident of University South
on May 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm

YIMBY is a registered user.

This is way cool - very impressive. Check out boutique hotels glorified in NYT: Your Room as Cocoon: Teeny, Cheap and Chic - May 1, 2010: Web Link

Posted by hip, young, and rich
a resident of Downtown North
on May 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm

With a $145 minimum room rent, they are looking for hip, young, rich guests.

Posted by star
a resident of St. Claire Gardens
on May 14, 2010 at 10:41 pm

good luck in investing in this high crime area of palo alto. so much for the folks they evicted from what once was the palo alto hotel to make way for greed.

Posted by STeve
a resident of Adobe-Meadow
on May 15, 2010 at 9:55 am

I do not understand what 'hip' means. My 12 and 9 year old grandchildren use wii. Does that make them 'hip'. Does using a 'self service bar' (is that different than a refrigerator with bottled drinks?) make one 'hip'? Does using a 'white board' as opposed to a black board, or paper or computer make one 'hip'. I realize that I don't know whats happening, and perhaps people like me and Mr. Jones are incapable of understanding the essence of modern 'hip'. However from the few clues I have, it seems quite different than the hipster of half a century ago who managed to be 'hip' without a Wii or white board.

Posted by I like it
on May 16, 2010 at 9:43 am

This sounds cool to me. You people just like to complain I guess.

Posted by Alma/Loma Verde Resident/Parent
a resident of JLS Middle School
on May 17, 2010 at 3:12 pm

to " star, a resident of the St. Claire Gardens"

Really? You really deem this area to be a "high crime area of palo alto"?? You live not so far up the street from me...but I would not think of Palo Alto as high crime, definitely not near the downtown area.

Maybe you're just bitter about the new hotel all together, but the way I see it, if a business is not making money...well, move on, move over or move out and give someone else a try.

It's call "entrepreneurial spirit"...and we are all entitled!