Police arrest carjacking suspect after standoff

Original post made on Jul 27, 2009

East Palo Alto police arrested two suspected gang members after a brief standoff at a home in the city early Saturday morning after receiving a tip about a suspect involved in a carjacking last week, police Detective Angel Sanchez said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, July 26, 2009, 9:22 PM

Posted by concerned resident
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Jul 27, 2009 at 5:36 am

Greatt job guys. really appreciate your good work and efforts.

Posted by P.A. Native
a resident of Mountain View
on Jul 27, 2009 at 11:32 am

Again, the stupidest gang name I've ever heard.

Posted by lorenzo
a resident of Palo Alto Orchards
on Jul 27, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Nice work, to get those punks without shooting and/or someone getting killed.
Makes me glad I don't have their job! (And that we have someone to do it.)

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Mar 30, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Hmmm is a registered user.

Just imagine...if young Danny Jr - aka DJ, Danny Coleman, had been inside still after this, he wouldn't have killed those two women on their way to work. Web Link
"Investigators learned that Coleman, who was wanted on two outstanding state and federal arrest warrants, was also inside the home. Both suspects eventually surrendered without incident and were taken into custody, Sanchez said.

After the arrests were made, a search of the home revealed three handguns, according to police. Webster and Coleman were both taken to San Mateo County Jail for booking."

Posted by Bob
on Mar 30, 2014 at 11:29 pm

This original post was July 27, 2009!! Why is it being repeated?

Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Mar 30, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Hmmm is a registered user.

Bob - I just commented on this old thread, which is why it showed up again. He was arrested for a double murder via a hit and run, which is pretty uncommon to do. Web Link

Posted by Ricky Roo
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Jul 16, 2015 at 9:28 pm

DJ killed shot and killed my son in EPA weeks before he killed those two women headed to work at SJO. He was never charged for my sons death, but I am glad he was eventually caught. I'm still waiting for investigators of EPAPD to do their job and close my sons case.

This time we're not lying. HONEST! No, really!
By Douglas Moran | 12 comments | 955 views