Man exposes himself to passing bicyclist

Original post made on Sep 5, 2008

A man exposed himself to a female at 3:43 p.m. Thursday when she was riding her bike along a path in the 1400 block of Hanover Street near Page Mill Road, Palo Alto Police Agent Rich Bullerjahn said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, September 5, 2008, 9:36 AM

Posted by Greg K
a resident of Downtown North
on Sep 5, 2008 at 10:00 am

Lots of action out on Page Mill Road on Thursday afternoon. There was a man exposing himself, a robbery, and a fatal car crash. Are these all related? Or is that just a very dangerous part of town?

Posted by 50sh mom
on Sep 5, 2008 at 10:09 am

When this sort of thing happened when I was a young teenager, we used to consider ourselves lucky and tell our friends who went along for a repeat treat.

Now it is possible that this was someone on the road to more serious crime and it has to be taken more seriously. But, times have changed.
sad.

Posted by Another 50ish mom
on Sep 5, 2008 at 1:30 pm

That last comment is bizarre. Don't you think that "back then" a person exposing himself may have been on the road to more serious crimes? And that it's a good thing that our society now takes such things more seriously? How is that sad??

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis
on Sep 5, 2008 at 1:31 pm

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

Did they ever catch the guy who was flashing the trains?

Posted by 50sh mom
on Sep 5, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Back then, a flasher was just a flasher. True, he may have done more later, but that was not considered.

The sad part is that I and my friends would never have reported him and just laughed at him. Now it is the kids who are scared and tell their parents. The parents have to report this to the police and the police have to take it seriously.

It is the right thing to do of course, but as I said, back then as teenage girls that never entered our heads. That is the sad part.

Posted by Richard
on Sep 5, 2008 at 7:27 pm

The last time I rode on that path, a few weeks ago, I was going through Bol Park and wondering if they had a bathroom. As I approached the end of the park I saw a young boy run across the path in front of me. I slowed down and watched as his mother approached the path but stopped before crossing it, calling out to the boy. As I looked at the boy again I saw that he was peeing in the bushes, which answered my question as to whether there was a bathroom in the park. I didn't consider reporting him.

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto

The Cost of Service
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 1,124 views

This time we're not lying. HONEST! No, really!
By Douglas Moran | 9 comments | 716 views