Even our panhandlers have expensive tastes

Original post made by jeroma, Midtown, on Aug 22, 2008

I was behind Victor Frost, the well known panhandler and perennial city council candidate, at the checkout counter at Mollie Stone's yesterday. He was buying a Dos Equis six-pack; a Bud wasn't good enough for him I guess. Food for thought for genteel Palo Altans who encourage his activities.

Posted by WilliamR
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Aug 22, 2008 at 4:34 pm

I'm also struck by the fact that Mr. Frost spends his time panhandling across from Whole Foods downtown, then gives another store his patronage.

Posted by UnoDos
a resident of Fairmeadow
on Aug 22, 2008 at 6:34 pm

Dos Eqis? Perhaps HE is the most interesting man alive.

Posted by Outside Observer
on Aug 22, 2008 at 7:04 pm

He's not welcome at Whole Foods.... If you were the proprietor would you welcome him?

Posted by Not so hard to understand
on Aug 22, 2008 at 7:17 pm

"I'm also struck by the fact that Mr. Frost spends his time panhandling across from Whole Foods downtown, then gives another store his patronage"

This is close to where he parks his car.

Posted by Anon
on Aug 22, 2008 at 8:13 pm

I noticed he was panhandling on California Avenue this week. Has he relocated himself?

Posted by ??
on Aug 23, 2008 at 3:57 pm

doesn't he drive a Mercedes? it's beat up, but I guess why shouldn't he have good taste. why does he get to have that special spot in front of WF though?

Posted by Paul
a resident of Downtown North
on Aug 25, 2008 at 4:49 pm

It's a free country, although some might argue Mr Frost misspends his money because Sierra Nevada (or Red Tail, or... ) is a much better beer. But give the man a break - he dissed the Bud, didn't he?

Posted by Max Power
on Aug 25, 2008 at 5:26 pm

I've seem him at Molley Stones pouring huge cans of coins down the Coinstar machine. At the rate that he's pulling in cash I guess he can afford the 9% service fee they charge.

Posted by JSD
a resident of Palo Verde
on Aug 25, 2008 at 8:00 pm

"Dos Eqis? Perhaps HE is the most interesting man alive."

Stay homeless, my friends.

Coffeebar opens in Menlo Park

Spring College Fairs
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 732 views

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 719 views