- discussing borders that don't exist (Iraq-Pakistan)
- discussing alliances that don't exist (Shiite Iran and Sunni Al Qaeda)
- discussing countries that don't exist (Czechoslovakia)
- confusing countries (Somalia and Sudan)
- and distorting the timeline of events in Iraq (the surge couldn't cause the "Anbar Awakening" since they happened in reverse order).
CBS gave McCain a pass on that last error, and spliced in a different answer to Katie Couric's questions, instead of showing exactly what he said. This is not an endorsement of Obama (though I'll vote for him, he wasn't my top choice). But McCain is clearly not the man of substance his supporters wish he were, and the media may be as bad as they say regarding Obama, but they're no better on McCain. So please, if you want to debate Obama, use an Obama thread or start your own. The topic here is... how confused is McCain? And how deferential are most media outlets in not calling him on these things?