Loma Verde & Bayshore ?????

Original post made by Resident, Palo Verde, on Jun 19, 2008

Does anyone know what they are doing at Loma Verde and Bayshore intersection. I know that they are putting in new kerbs and have put in a new entrace to both Loma Verde and Bayshore, but is the intersection being made smaller, is a roundabout going in, or what? At present it is difficult to see when exiting Loma Verde and you need to cross the center line when entering LV. Today, one had to stop for ages while construction traffic delivered dirt which is understandable, but ??????

Posted by MidtownMom
on Jun 19, 2008 at 9:22 pm

They are increasing the sidewalk to make LV narrow at the intersection. This is to prevent right turn onto LV at a high speed.

This was a part of the original proposal by classic communities.

Yes, its a pain right now - while making a left turn from Bayshore onto LV, one almost crosses the center line due to the cones around the sidewalk - but when the construction is finished, it will be very useful to slow down speeding cars

Posted by Resident
a resident of Palo Verde School
on Jun 21, 2008 at 6:49 pm

Thanks for the info. I hadn't noticed this in the proposal.

I hope then that they move the center line as at present it is dangerous and if a car is waiting to turn left, there is no space to turn. A car entering LV at present needs to cross the center line.

Is there going to be more than just a kerb as otherwise I can see all the suvs using the kerb as an offroad practice corner?

Posted by Resident
a resident of Palo Verde
on Jun 25, 2008 at 4:27 pm

I am getting more worried about this. Having driven from LV to turn right on Bayshore and then returned later, I can see that the work is now being done on the other side of the street. Today there were flagmen there to allow cars exiting LV to be able to exit safely as there was no way to see if it was safe to turn. Without the flagman, I dread to be able to see. And, the exit appears to be so narrow now that I don't think two cars are going to be able to pass. If an exiting car is waiting to turn left I am not sure if another car is going to be able to get by.

How this will eventually play out, I don't know. But, it is really unsafe at present.

Posted by Resident
a resident of Palo Verde
on Jun 29, 2008 at 12:08 pm

I am hear to give you all another friendly update on this work.

It is very dangerous now at this intersection. Any car turning into or out of Loma Verde must go very slow as it is so narrow. Unfortunately, there are no warning signs, just the construction barriers. As I was waiting to turn out of LV a truck turning hit one of the construction signs and left it lying on its side, making the road even more of a hazard.

What the finished product is going to be like, I don't know. But, at present it is a hazard.

Posted by Margaret
a resident of South of Midtown
on Nov 18, 2008 at 12:25 pm

It seems the finish product is well done.

Posted by Name hidden

on Jun 4, 2017 at 6:52 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

Nobu Palo Alto eyes next-door expansion

Are We Really Up To This?
By Aldis Petriceks | 3 comments | 1,697 views