* inspiring communication with persons outside the immediate family
* observation of purposeful people at work
* first moment of revelation: something important in the world can be corrected or improved
* second moment of revelation: I can contribute something myself and make a difference
* identification of purpose, along with initial attempts to accomplish something
* support from immediate family
* expanded efforts to pursue one's purpose in original and consequential ways
* acquiring the skills needed for this pursuit
* increased practical effectiveness
* enhanced optimism and self-confidence
* long-term commitment to the purpose
* transfer of skills and character strengths gained in pursuit of one purpose to other areas of life
This story contains 118 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.