Palo Alto Unified School District Board of Education
* Monday, Oct. 8, 7 p.m., at 25 Churchill Ave., Palo Alto. The forum will focus on special education. Sponsored by the Community Advisory Committee for Special Education.
* Wednesday, Oct. 10, 7 p.m., at the English Resource Center (ERC) adjacent to the Palo Alto High School Library. Cosponsored by Paly's Student Equity Action Network, Parents Advocating Student Success and Paly alumni.
* Monday, Oct. 15, at 7 p.m., in the boardroom of school district headquarters, 25 Churchill, sponsored by the Palo Alto Weekly and moderated by California Sen. Joe Simitian, a former Palo Alto school board member.
* Sunday, Oct. 21, at 3 p.m., at Congregation Etz Chayim, 4161 Alma St.
* Wednesday, Oct. 24, at 7 p.m., at Nixon Elementary School, 1711 Stanford Ave., sponsored by the PTAs of Nixon and Escondido elementary schools.
Pros and Cons forum covering all state propositions
* Tuesday, Oct. 9, 7-8:30 p.m., at 1305 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto. Sponsored by the Junior League of Palo Alto-Mid-peninsula.
* Wednesday, Oct. 10, 7 p.m., at 850 Webster St., Palo Alto.
Santa Clara County Board of Education: Trustee Area No. 1
* Wednesday, Oct. 10, 7:45-9 p.m., at 1701 Rock Ave., Mountain View. Trustee Area No. 1 encompasses Palo Alto, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View and Sunnyvale per the new boundaries created by the 2010 census. Sponsored by League of Women Voters Los Altos/Mountain View and Crittenden Middle School PTA. Co-sponsored by League of Women Voters Palo Alto and League of Women Voters Cupertino-Sunnyvale.
Palo Alto City Council
* Thursday, Oct. 11, 8-9:30 p.m., at 250 Hamilton Ave., Palo Alto. Sponsored by the League of Women Voters Palo Alto.
State Assembly and State Senate
Wednesday, Oct. 17, 7-9 p.m., at 701 Laurel St., Menlo Park. Co-sponsored with League of Women Voters South San Mateo County.
Election Day: presidential, state legislature and county final elections
* Tuesday, Nov. 6, 7 a.m.-8 p.m. More information is available at www.smartvoter.org.
— Palo Alto Online staff
This story contains 407 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.