- Eliminating the police traffic team, which will cut five full-time police-officer positions ($894,000)
- Shortening library hours and closing Main, Mitchell Park and Children's libraries on Mondays, which would eliminate two full-time positions and one part-time position ($215,000)
- Instituting day-use fees at Foothills, Pearson-Arastradero and Baylands parks ($100,000)
- Eliminating three full-time building maintenance positions ($230,000)
- Eliminating two full-time positions in the Police Department's investigative services, which focus on financial loss and fraud ($377,000)
- Contracting out custodial services, which would eliminate five positions ($540,000)
- Contracting out Palo Alto Municipal Golf Course maintenance, which would eliminate seven full-time positions ($236,000)
- Eliminating the Twilight Concert and Brown Bag summer concert series ($27,000)
This story contains 150 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.