Spring Real Estate 2002

Publication Date: Wednesday, March 13, 2002
When you can't pay your mortgage

A new brochure by Myvesta.org, formerly Debt Counselors of America, offers advice on "What to Do When You Can't Pay the Mortgage."

Beginning with a definition of foreclosure, the brochure suggests options including borrowing from friends or relatives, contacting your lender, finding a good mortgage broker, contacting your private mortgage insurer, selling the property or deeding the property back to the lender.

Copies of the brochure can be downloaded from the Web site (Myvesta.org) or send $5 to cover shipping and handling to Mortgage Publication, Myvesta.org, P.O. Box 8587, Gaithersburg, MD 20898-8587.

For more information, call (800) 680-3328.