The city of Palo Alto and transportation agencies serving the area are slowly resuming normal operations as COVID-19 health restrictions loosen, but many will be closed or altering their schedules for the federal holiday. Check out our list of what services will be available this Monday, May 31.
• Palo Alto Libraries: All branches will be closed for the federal holiday. Online resources are available 24/7 at library.cityofpaloalto.org.
• City of Palo Alto: Administrative offices will be closed.
• Garbage pickup: For residents whose collection day is on Monday, regular service will be moved to the following day.
• Police, fire: Emergency, patrol and dispatch services will remain operational. Records office will be closed.
• Caltrain: Caltrain will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. The Sunday schedule has not been adjusted since the COVID-19 pandemic began. For the weekend timetable, visit caltrain.com.
• SamTrans: SamTrans will operate on a Sunday schedule on Monday. For the timetable, visit samtrans.com.
• Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority: VTA will operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Monday. Light-rail service is unavailable until further notice. The VTA office will be closed. Required distance between passengers has been adjusted from 6 feet to 3 feet, as of May 26. To see which routes are operational, visit vta.org.
Federal, state offices:
• U.S. Postal Service: Postal Service facilities will be closed. There will be no residential or business deliveries except for Priority Mail Express. Normal delivery and pick-up services will resume June 1