Santa Clara County has extended its rotation of free COVID-19 test sites in Palo Alto, Mountain View and five other cities in the northern section of the county.
First introduced in August, the appointment-only sites are located in cities represented by county Supervisor Joe Simitian. They aim to reduce the wait times and long lines for a test.
"Convenience is key," Simitian said in a statement. "If we want more people to be tested, providing locally available and convenient testing is essential."
Appointments can be booked up to seven days in advance through this webpage. If appointments are fully booked for a particular day, the date will no longer show on the county's scheduling website.
Visitors do not need health insurance or a doctor's note to receive a test, according to Simitian's office. The test sites will operate from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
• Cupertino Senior Center: Monday, Feb. 7 and 21, 2022, 9:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino.
• Los Altos Hills Council Chambers: Thursday, Feb. 22, 2022, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., 26379 W. Fremont Blvd., Los Altos Hills.
• Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts: Monday, Feb. 14 and 28, 2022, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., 500 Castro St., Mountain View.
• Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority's North Yard lot in Mountain View: Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2022, 7-11 a.m., 1235 La Avenida St., Mountain View.
• Palo Alto Art Center (Auditorium): Friday, Feb. 11 and 25, 2022, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., 1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto.
• Parking lot outside Mitchell Park Library, Palo Alto: Every Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. 3700 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto.
• Outside Palo Alto City Hall: Every Wednesday, 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m., 250 Hamilton Ave..
• Sunnyvale Community Center: Thursday, Feb. 3 and 17, 2022, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., 550 E. Remington Drive, Sunnyvale.
The El Camino Healthcare District is also providing COVID-19 tests at its Mountain View hospital, 2495 Hospital Dr., Mountain View, on weekdays from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The tests are available by appointment to residents, students or people who work within its district, which includes most of Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, in addition to sections of Cupertino, Palo Alto and Santa Clara. Appointments can be made by phone at 650-940-7022 or online at elcaminohealth.org/covid19testing.
More information on vaccine distribution in the county can be found at sccfreevax.org.