Santa Clara County has extended its rotation of free COVID-19 test sites available by appointment in Palo Alto, Mountain View and five other cities in the northern section of the county through October.
First introduced in August, the appointment-only sites are located in cities represented by county Supervisor Joe Simitian. They aim to reduce the wait times and long lines for a test.
"Convenience is key," Simitian said in a statement. "If we want more people to be tested, providing locally available and convenient testing is essential."
Appointments can be booked up to seven days in advance through this webpage. If appointments are fully booked for a particular day, the date will no longer show on the county's scheduling website.
Visitors do not need health insurance or a doctor's note to receive a test, according to Simitian's office. The test sites will operate from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
• Cupertino Senior Center: first and third Wednesdays, Oct. 7 and Oct. 21, 21251 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino. (This location will also provide tests on Wednesday, Nov. 4.)
• Los Altos Youth Center: Thursday, Oct. 15, 1 N. San Antonio Road, Los Altos.
• Los Altos Hills Town Hall: Friday, Oct. 2, 26379 W. Fremont Blvd., Los Altos Hills.
• Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts: first and third Tuesdays, Oct. 6 and Oct. 20, 500 Castro St., Mountain View. (This location will also provide tests on Tuesday, Nov. 3.)
• Palo Alto Art Center Auditorium: second and fourth Fridays, Oct. 9 and Oct. 23, 1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto. (This location will be available on the second and fourth Fridays of each month through December, according to the city of Palo Alto.)
• Saratoga Friendship Hall: Tuesday, Sept. 29, and Thursday, Oct. 29, 19841 Prospect Road, Saratoga.
• Murphy Park: Friday, Oct. 16, and Monday, Oct. 26, 260 N. Sunnyvale Ave., Sunnyvale.
The El Camino Healthcare District is also providing COVID-19 tests at its Mountain View hospital, 2500 Grant Road, on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The tests are available by appointment to residents, students or people who work within its district, which includes most of Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, in addition to sections of Cupertino, Palo Alto and Santa Clara. Appointments can be made by phone at 650-940-7022 or online at elcaminohealth.org/covid19testing.