With the number of coronavirus cases rising twelvefold in the past week in Santa Clara County, Palo Alto Weekly journalists talk about what public health departments and other organizations are doing to keep the virus from spreading.
Timestamps for video:
(To jump to a specific topic, open the description box below the video in YouTube and click on the timestamp.)
• Santa Clara County cases. (0:40)
• Impact on schools and youth. (6:02)
• Event cancellations. (8:47)
• Response to xenophobia due to the coronavirus. (11:17)
• Restaurants affected. (12:33)
• Containment strategies and ways to cope. (14:54)
Timestamps for podcast:
• Santa Clara County cases. (1:05)
• Impact on schools and youth. (6:26)
• Event cancellations. (9:10)
• Response to xenophobia due to the coronavirus. (11:38)
• Restaurants affected. (12:55)
• Containment strategies and ways to cope (15:15)
Read our latest updates on local coronavirus cases here.
Find comprehensive coverage on the Midpeninsula's response to the new coronavirus by the Almanac, Mountain View Voice and Palo Alto Online here.
Subscribe to the "Behind the Headlines" podcast
Check out previous weeks' episodes in the "Behind the Headlines" archive.