Here is a list of local and regional agencies that will be closed, running normal operations or offering limited services on Memorial Day that falls on Monday, May 29.
• Palo Alto libraries: All branches will closed on Monday, May 29.
• City of Palo Alto: Administrative offices will be closed on Monday, May 29. Regular hours will resume on Tuesday, May 30.
• Garbage pickup: All collection services will remain the same for the week of Memorial Day.
• Police, fire: Active patrols and response teams are operational; records and administrative services are closed.
• Public Works Department: Public Works will remain on call. If emergency services are needed, call its central dispatch number at 650-329-2413.
• Caltrain: Caltrain will operate on its Sunday schedule on Monday, May 29. For the weekend service timetable, go to caltrain.com. For the Giants' Memorial Day game, Caltrain will operate two pre-game Special trains departing from San Jose at 9:30 a.m. and 10:40 a.m. and a Special train departing from Palo Alto at 10:50 a.m. Caltrain will also operate two post-game trains: an Express to Belmont will depart approximately 15 minutes after the game or when full and a Local to San Jose will depart approximately 25 minutes after the game or when full.
• VTA: VTA will run its Sunday schedule on Monday, May 29. Route schedules can be found at vta.org.
• SamTrans: SamTrans will operate its Sunday schedule on Monday, May 29. For schedules and maps, go to samtrans.com.
• Stanford Marguerite: Stanford University's Marguerite transportation service will operate its Shopping Express: Special schedule on Monday, May 29. The Shopping Express: Special runs every two hours. For the route schedule, go to stanford.edu.
Federal, state offices:
• U.S. Postal Service: Postal offices nationwide will be closed on Monday, May 29.