Here is a list of local and regional service closures and changes for Thanksgiving. Some organizations will have special hours and others are closed during the holiday period.
• Palo Alto libraries: All locations close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23. All locations are closed Thursday, Nov. 24, and Friday, Nov. 25.
• City of Palo Alto: All administrative offices will be closed Nov. 24 and 25.
• Garbage pickup: No collection on Nov. 24. The Household Hazardous Waste Station will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 26. For more information, go to cityofpaloalto.org.
• Street sweeping: For Thanksgiving, if your regular street sweeping day is on Thursday or Friday, your street will be swept on either Wednesday, Nov. 23, or the Monday, Nov. 28. No other routes will be affected. For more information, go to cityofpaloalto.org.
• Police, fire: Active patrols and response teams are operational; records and administrative services are closed on Nov. 24 and 25.
• Caltrain: Caltrain will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving. For more information, go to caltrain.com/schedules.
• VTA: VTA buses and light rail operate on a Sunday/holiday schedule on Nov. 24. On Nov. 25, there will be modified weekday service. For more information, go to vta.org.
• SamTrans: SamTrans will operate on a Sunday schedule. For more information, go to samtrans.com.
Federal, state offices
• U.S. Postal Service: Closed Thursday, Nov. 24. Mail will not be delivered or sent.