Current Gunn High track and field coach PattiSue Plumer is among seven former Stanford athletes named to the Pac-12 Conference's All-Century Women's Track and Field team, which was announced Monday night.
Stanford's total was tied for the second-most in the conference, which selected 51 through a vote from a panel of experts. Included were four distance runners, two jumpers, and a thrower.
Stanford's selections were shot putter Jillian Camarena ('04), 10,000 runner Alicia Craig ('05), long jumper Jackie Edwards ('92), 5,000 runner Lauren Fleshman ('03), 1,500 runner Regina Jacobs ('85), triple jumper Erica McLain ('08), and 5,000 runner Plumer ('84).
UCLA's Jackie Joyner-Kersee was named Athlete of the Century and UCLA's Bob Kersee, Jackie's husband, was named Coach of the Century.
Here's a look at Stanford's honorees:
Jillian Camarena / 2001-04
* Two-time Olympian in the shot put.
* Broke U.S. indoor shot put record in 2011 at 65-2 1/4.
* 11-time U.S. champion.
* Three-time U.S. outdoor champ (2006, 2010, 2012).
* Eight-time U.S. indoor champ (2005-12).
* 2011 World Championships bronze medalist.
* 2015 Pan Am Games gold medalist.
* Has a best of 66-2 1/2, the No. 3 throw in U.S. history.
* Three top-three NCAA outdoor finishes, from 2002-04.
* Three top-five NCAA indoor finishes, including NCAA runner-up in 2003.
* Two-time Pac-10 shot put champ (2002, 2004).
* Two-time MPSF indoor champ (2002-03).
Alicia Craig / 2002-05
* Set the collegiate 10,000-meter record in 2004, of 32:19.97.
* The time remains a Stanford record and is No. 7 among American collegians.
* Won back-to-back NCAA 10,000 championships, in 2003-04.
* Earned 10 All-America honors.
* Second in the 2004 NCAA indoor 5,000.
* Collegiate 5,000 personal best was 15:25.75.
* Three-time Pac-10 champ at 10,000, from 2003-05.
* Won MPSF indoor titles in the 5,000 (2003) and 3,000 (2004).
* Four-time All-America in cross country.
* A member of the Pac-12 Cross Country All-Century team.
* Won four Pac-10 cross country team titles and one NCAA championship (2003).
* Third at 2002 NCAA Cross Country Championship and sixth in 2003.
* Won a 20K national championship as a post-collegian.
Lauren Fleshman / 2000-03
* Fifteen-time All-America, the most-decorated in Stanford track and field history.
* Won five NCAA track titles.
* Captured three consecutive NCAA outdoor 5,000 crowns (2001-03).
* Won a NCAA indoor titles in the 3,000 (2002) and distance medley relay (2000).
* Two-time Pac-10 champ in the 5,000 (2002--03) and another in cross country (2001).
* Won MPSF indoor titles in the mile (2000) and DMR (1999, 2003).
* Competed on U.S. national team at three World Championships.
* Placed seventh in the 5,000 at the 2011 World Championships.
* It equaled the highest-ever U.S. women's finish at that time.
* Often serves as a voice for track and field athletes against corruption and cheating.
Regina Jacobs / 1982-85
* Won 24 U.S. national championships in track and cross country.
* Three-time Olympian in the 1,500 (1988, 1992, 1995).
* Two-time World Championships silver medalist (1997, 1999).
* Seven-time All-America, including one in the 800 (1982) and two in the 1,500 (1983, 1984).
* Fourth in the NCAA 800 in 1982.
* At age 39, set a world indoor 1,500 record in 2003 of 3:59.98.
* Became the first woman to break four minutes in the 1,500.
* Holds personal records of 1:58.08 in the 800, 3:59.98 in the 1,500, and 4:20.93 in the mile.
* Named to the Pac-12 All-Century team in cross country.
Erica McLain / 2005-08
* Owns the longest triple jump in collegiate history, for all conditions, of 47-10. 3/4.
* That jump won the 2008 NCAA outdoor championship.
* Won three NCAA titles, including indoor crowns in 2007-08.
* Has six NCAA triple jump finishes of first or second.
* Top four at NCAA Championships nine times, including three in the long jump.
* Her 2008 jump of 46-7 1/4 is the second-longest in collegiate indoor history.
* Four-time Pac-10 triple jump champ.
* Still holds the Pac-12 record (46-5 1/4).
* 2008 U.S. Olympian.
* Six-time MPSF indoor champ -- four in the triple jump and two in the long jump.
* Owns the Nos. 5 and 8 triple jumps in collegiate history.
* Is the No. 4 performer in collegiate history.
* Three-time U.S. triple jump champion, twice outdoors and once indoors.
* In 2012, 244 days after suffering a compound fracture, was second at U.S. championships.
* 14-time All-America, including a perfect eight-for-eight in the triple jump.
PattiSue Plumer / 1981-84
* Nine-time All-America.
* Two-time Olympian.
* Set the 1989 American record in the 5,000.
* Placed fifth in the 3,000 at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.
* Won the 1984 NCAA outdoor 1,500 title.
* Won the 1983 NCAA indoor two-mile championship.
* Her 1983 indoor 3,000 of 8:53.1 is Stanford's fastest indoors or outdoors.
* Won four U.S. national championships -- two each in the 3,000 and 5,000.
* Became the first to bust Mary Decker's hold of every American distance-running record. Plumer did so with her 14:59.99 in the 5,000 on July 3, 1989 in Stockholm.
* Ran a 4:16.68 to set a course record in New York City's Fifth Avenue Mile.