When: Friday, Sept. 25, 7-10 p.m. under the near-full Harvest Moon. Race-night registration tables open at 6 p.m. 5K walk starts at 7 p.m.; 10K run starts at 8:15 p.m.; and 5K run starts at 8:45 p.m.
Where: Baylands Athletic Center, 1900 Geng Road (at Embarcadero Road), Palo Alto
Early registration: Preregistration is closed.
Race-night registration: Tables open at 6 p.m. Cash, check and credit cards will be accepted. Race night registration fee is $45 for adults, $35 for youth. Participants under 18 years of age who have not preregistered must be accompanied to the registration table by a parent or guardian who can sign the waiver or must bring a signed waiver.
T-shirts: Long sleeved t-shirts free with registration only while supplies last. T-shirts for participants who register early will not be held for no-shows.
Start times: 5K walk at 7 p.m.; 10K run at 8:15 p.m.; 5K run at 8:45 p.m.
5K route: mapmyrun.com/routes/view/290826835
10K route: mapmyrun.com/routes/view/283559443
RACE NIGHT GUIDE
What's happening and when
6-8 p.m. Registration opens for those pre-registered and race-night. Activities, sponsors' booths and more on the field
6:45 p.m. Pre-walk warm-ups.
7 p.m. 5K walk begins.
8 p.m. Pre-race warm-ups.
8:15 p.m. 10K run begins.
8:30 p.m. Pre-race warm-ups.
8:45 p.m. 5K run begins.
8:45 p.m. Food tables open for 5K and 10K runners. Post-race snacks provided by Country Sun Natural Foods, House of Bagels and Hobee's.
9:30-10 p.m. Awards ceremony for the top three finishers in each category. Race results will be posted as available.
Field activities and booths
Live music from School of Rock Palo Alto
City of Palo Alto Mobile Arts Platform station
Sponsor booths: AXIS, Connoisseur Coffee, Continental Caterers, Fleet Feet Sports, Keen, Larry's AutoWorks, LYFE Kitchen, Microsoft, Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Trader Joe's, Stanford Blood Center, Stanford Federal Credit Union, Whole Foods Market
AXIS climbing wall
Other things to know
Parking: Police and volunteers will direct you to parking in nearby business lots off Embarcadero and East Bayshore roads. Plan on arriving early and carpooling if possible, as lots will fill up. We recommend arriving at least an hour before your event.
Check in: Race check-in, sponsor and race headquarters booths, first aid and food/water is on the infield of the Baylands Athletic Center, located at the end of Geng Road.
Starting line: The start and finish of all three events is in the (closed) parking lot at the Baylands Athletic Center. The 5K walk and run start out of the parking lot north and then head east on levees. The 10K run heads out south on Geng, turns east on Embarcadero and then heads out onto trails and levees south toward Mountain View. (See the course map for more details.)
Storage: Limited checking of small personal bags and backpacks is available.
Pets: Dogs are permitted on the 5K walk but not on either run, where the terrain and darkness make it too dangerous to have them. No retractable leashes. Bring your own clean-up bag.
Strollers: Jogging strollers welcome in the 5K walk or at the back of either run.
Visibility: Headlamps are highly recommended for both runs.
Race results will be available on computer monitors at the Baylands Athletic Center beginning at around 9:30 p.m.
Results will also be posted online at PaloAltoOnline.com/moonlight_run. QR codes with the results web page will be on display at the event.
Medals for first-, second- and third-place finishers in each division will be handed out once final results are in, between 9:30 and 10 p.m., or may be picked up during regular business hours after the race at the Palo Alto Weekly, 450 Cambridge Ave., Palo Alto.
2014 TOP FINISHERS
1. Casper Vroemen, Palo Alto, 17:39
2. Carl Dambkowski, Palo Alto, 17:49
3. Kyle Brocklehurst, Mountain View, 17:52
4. Samuel Desre, Palo Alto, 18:03
5. Zachary Weber, San Mateo, 18:04
6. Naveen Pai, Palo Alto, 18:05
7. Benjamin Beaudry, Palo Alto, 18:13
8. Nikita Orlov, Palo Alto, 18:32
9. Joe Kelso, 18:52
10. Jonathan Rivera, San Carlos, 19:19
1. Courtney Heiner, Rancho Cordova, 18:31
2. Illi Gardner, Palo Alto, 20:20
3. Natalia Rodionova, Mountain View, 21:21
4. Meera Santhanam, Palo Alto, 22:12
5. Maggie Widlund, Redwood City, 22:41
6. Clara Schulz, Palo Alto, 23:03
7. Emily Cardarelli, 23:11 Palo Alto
8. Catherine E Depuy, Portola Valley, 23:13
9. Ella Fadil, Palo Alto, 23:28
10. Mirna Sanyal, Palo Alto, 23:36
1. Ahmet Gokcek, Palo Alto, 36:28
2. Adam Daoud, Mountain View, 37:02
3. Tyler Jung, Santa Cruz, 37:10
4. Josh Beisel, Palo Alto, 37:45
5. Nicolas Plume, Portola Valley, 38:15
6. Stanford Schor, Stanford, 38:18
7. Kevin Conrad, Menlo Park, 38:42
8. Alexander Gouyet, Palo Alto, 38:48
9. Daniel Aminzade, Menlo Park, 38:50
10. Wouter Korver, Mountain View, 39:02
1. Lauren Pischel, Palo Alto, 40:40
2. Jennifer Perry, San Jose, 41:31
3. Michelle Volz, Palo Alto, 41:53
4. Emma Dohner, Portola Valley, 43:37
5. Cecilia Lavelle, San Jose, 43:38
6. Jacinta Leyden, 44:23
7. Grace Laidlaw, Los Altos Hills, 44:49
8. Annie Grella, San Jose, 45:02
9. Erika Kikuchi, Woodside, 45:08
10. Audra Sorman, Mountain View, 45:10
Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati Foundation, Palantir, Pacific Union Real Estate, Stanford Federal Credit Union and Whole Foods Market
Country Sun, Hobee's, House of Bagels, Lakin Spears, Omega Printing, School of Rock Palo Alto, Spot Pizza and Stanford Blood Center
AXIS, Connoisseur Coffee, Continental Caterers, Fleet Feet Sports, Keen, Larry's AutoWorks, LYFE Kitchen, Microsoft, Oshman Family Jewish Community Center and Trader Joe's
Kiwanis Club of Palo Alto, Youth Community Service, Gunn, Paly and Los Altos Key Clubs, Gunn, Paly and Pinewood Interact Clubs, Palo Alto Fire Department Explorer Program, Stanford Blood Center and Stanford Federal Credit Union