VIDEO: Stanford students protest decision in Ferguson

Stanford students and community members marched from the university to City Hall on Nov. 25, 2014, in protest of a Missouri grand jury's decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown. They spoke out about racial tensions, injustices and what they feel needs to change in the nation.

Watch the video here.

Comments

7 people like this
Posted by James
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Do what the police tell you do. If Mr. Brown had done that, he would be alive today.

Posted by Looking-For-Justice-In-All-The-Wrong-Places
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:19 pm

[Post removed.]

7 people like this
Posted by John
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Not a single word about black criminality. Brown was a thug, as shown by his jacking of the convenience store. He was swaggering down the middle of street, because he felt entitled to do so, with his stolen booty. All he had to do was get over on the sidewalk, immediately. Stupid is as stupid does.

Posted by CrescentParkAnon.
on Nov 26, 2014 at 3:55 pm

If there is a "racial" aspect to Police law enforcement in the US, I think it is just as much the fault of that segment of people arrested that decide to oppose, challenge, attack or otherwise defy Police while they are doing their jobs.

I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen any Police situation where a "suspect" was shot where they did not depart significantly from just surrendering to police without a fight.

I can't find the You-Tube video link right now, but one time I was searching for videos in Palo Alto, and stumbled upon some thug-like videos from East Palo Alto where whole blocks were filled with flashy cars blaring loud bassy Hip Hop music or one guy videoed himself and the officer while he was arguing for really no point just giving the officer a hard time ... almost a stereotype of the TV stop. This seems to be being marketed by "someone" as the macho courageous thing to do for poor black youth ... and why do they accept that?

I think if I was black I would not want to be represented by these types of people and cases, with supporters like that who needs detractors, to coin a phrase?

I have to wonder if the public had access to the arrest videos of the Palo Alto area police, what they would look like? Should the residents of the city know that, or not? I am sure it is not going to happen, odd that it can happen when someone takes a cellphone video then, it is not a breach of anyone's privacy in that case?

Posted by John
on Nov 26, 2014 at 4:17 pm

[Post removed.]

5 people like this
Posted by Hmmm
a resident of East Palo Alto
on Nov 26, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Hmmm is a registered user.

Of course that's not the case with African Americans. They still get killed even when they're not disobeying the cops. How ignorant are you? Pretty darn ignorant, obviously. I hope you're grateful for your white privilege this Thanksgiving. I know I am.

2 people like this
Posted by Crescent Park Dad
on Nov 27, 2014 at 10:11 am

Crescent Park Dad is a registered user.

[Post removed.]

1 person likes this
Posted by Bru
on Nov 29, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Bru is a registered user.

There was a case like this in South Carolina I think - Levar Jones. Mr. Jones was basically shot by a police officer for obeying his orders. Thankfully it was caught in the officer's videocamera.

Levar Jones' case is a much better example than Michael Brown's because Mr. Jones was not a thug and did not charge or fight the officer.

But in the case of Levar Jones the officer has been fired and charged with a crime.

Not as much is known about this case as Michael Brown's and I wonder why we all go through these gyrations over cases like Brown's and don't know about Levar Jones?

1 person likes this
Posted by Bru
on Nov 29, 2014 at 5:59 pm

Bru is a registered user.

The Real Michael Brown - 6 foot 4 inches 300 pounds

This link is of Michael Brown, the so-called Gentle Giant, stealing from a convenience store shortly before his death. There is no audio. Brown is the huge guy wearing the red baseball cap pushing the owner of the store around.

Web Link

Posted by Name hidden

on Nov 30, 2014 at 10:47 am

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?

He said – she said – who is lying? Justice Brett Kavanaugh or PA resident Christine Ford
By Diana Diamond | 71 comments | 4,375 views

Global Warming Diet

Couples: "Taming Your Gremlin" by Richard Carson

Preparing for kindergarten
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 741 views

Let's Talk Internships
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 491 views

Race is tomorrow!

​On Friday, September 21, join us at the Palo Alto Baylands for a 5K walk, 5K run, 10K run, or—for the first time—half marathon! All proceeds benefit local nonprofits serving children and families.

Learn More