News


Palo Alto suicide victim identified

 

A man who fatally shot himself Monday, Sept. 22, outside the Palo Alto courthouse has been identified as 31-year-old Joseph Scott, according to the Santa Clara County medical examiner's office.

The Santa Clara resident died at about 9:45 a.m. on the 200 block of Grant Avenue, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office, which responded to the incident.

The courthouse remained open throughout the incident because there was not a threat to public safety, but police closed off the 200 block of Grant Avenue between Park Boulevard and Birch Street during the police investigation, according to Lt. Zach Perron, Palo Alto police spokesman.

We can't do it without you.
Support local journalism.

Comments

3 people like this
Posted by randy albin
a resident of Mountain View
on Sep 27, 2014 at 12:34 pm

too bad about this. it is way too stressful in the bay area. enough said. how terribly sad


1 person likes this
Posted by ripple
a resident of Stanford
on Sep 29, 2014 at 11:28 am

ripple is a registered user.

I wonder if the suicide outside the courthouse had anything to do with frustration, lack of justice or malfeasance of our legal system?? Personally, I had to hire a lawyer to communicate with opposing attorney while waiting over a year for a for a trial date, meanwhile the lawyers are clocking fees. Mine decided to drop representation when I didn't agree with his strategy.


Like this comment
Posted by JustMe
a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Oct 3, 2014 at 12:58 pm

JustMe is a registered user.

Hey, not all lawyers are bad. It, like, 98% of them are giving the other 2% a bad name.


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

First Sunnyvale, then Australia: Mountain View's Le Plonc plots expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 2,477 views

Juggling Renewables
By Sherry Listgarten | 35 comments | 1,981 views

Premarital and Couples: Living as Roommates?
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,431 views

Homestead Faire at Hidden Villa 4/27
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 789 views

A trial run
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 541 views

 

Vote now!

It's time once again to cast your vote for the best places to eat, drink, shop and spend time in Palo Alto. Voting is open now through May 27. Watch for the results of our 2019 Best Of contest on Friday, July 19.

Vote