Few details in robbery of Palo Alto 7-Eleven

Little information available as police investigate Thursday morning robbery

The 7-Eleven convenience store on Colorado Avenue in Palo Alto was robbed early Thursday morning, but police were unable to provide information about the crime because it is under investigation.

Palo Alto police Agent Max Nielepko confirmed that the robbery occurred at that no one was injured but could not comment further as the investigation continues. The 7-Eleven is located at 708 Colorado Ave.

A clerk at the store said the robbery occurred at 4:45 a.m. but could not provide further information, citing the police investigation. The Palo Alto police report log states that an "unknown suspect robbed the cashier and took cash." The police report also identifies the crime as an armed robbery.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

— Palo Alto Online staff

Comments

Posted by Resident
on Aug 18, 2011 at 9:29 am

qq knows more with details of a very busy night for PAPD Web Link

police scanner watching is an informative hobby!

Posted by monitor
on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:10 am

thanks for the link. it was a busy night for papd alright. can't depend media for info on racial profile of suspects. glad police are not yet shackled on the dispensing of such critical info.

Posted by kongjie
a resident of College Terrace
on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:59 am

kongjie is a registered user.

Seems like this 7-11 is robbed at least a couple times per year. Can't we just put a giant sticky trap in it to catch them? Or a net? Or ask them to register before robbing? Seriously, I bet if there was a prominent sign that asked all armed robbers to please register before robbing, I bet someone would sign up.

Posted by sign
a resident of Southgate
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:10 am

With a real name,i agree.

Posted by Joe
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:10 am

If the 7-11 doesn't put in decent surveillance cameras, and police alert equipment, then perhaps its time to send them a bill for the police response.

Posted by Joe
on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

qq missed a little of the excitement this morning. At 2AM, a few kids threw a smoke bomb into the Happy Donuts on El Camino. Sounded like PAPD had a car pulled over a few minutes later and some likely suspects.

Posted by How on earth
on Aug 18, 2011 at 2:33 pm

How on earth can you people live in a society where the bad guys are armed, but not the law abiding citizens, I carry my little 9mm at my 2 o-clock, locked and loaded. I serve my country and community in a public role, I vote, I've never committed a crime, and there is a reason in the small town I live in no one robs 7-11 stores, because good folk like myself have no problem emptying a few magazines in said thugs.

Posted by qq
on Aug 18, 2011 at 3:12 pm

I can confirm the Happy Donuts incident. Four subjects involved. Surveillance footage of the incident was going to be downloaded by PAPD.

qq

Posted by loyal fan
on Aug 18, 2011 at 6:43 pm

You da man, qq! Thanks for the updates here and on Twitter! Keep up the great work!

Posted by Not the wild west
a resident of Downtown North
on Aug 19, 2011 at 3:41 am

When Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in Arizona earlier this year, and several other people were killed, folks in the crowd tackled the gunman and he dropped his weapon. Another person picked up the gun and that helpful person was nearly shot by one of the crowd, taking him for the actual shooter. I don't want to be there when several folks like you decide they know what is going on and open fire. Even in Dodge City, the marshall made them check their guns.

El Camino: Another scheme to increase congestion?

Couples: Philosophy of Love

Trials of My Grandmother
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 1,112 views

Lakes and Larders (part 2)
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 857 views