News

Fire from candles displaces family at Greenhouse

Quick response confines blaze to rear bedroom of a rear unit at condominium complex

A family has been displaced by a modest fire -- possibly caused by candles -- in a rear condominium at the Greenhouse complex on San Antonio Road Sunday morning, Battalion Chief Niles Broussard reported.

He said the fire was reported about 10 a.m. in a rear bedroom Sunday and was extinguished within 10 minutes of the arrival of firefighters, with damage limited to the bedroom.

Fire officials said in a statement that they expect the family to be displaced for a "short period of time." The department is still trying to determine the damage estimate.

-- Palo Alto Online staff

We can't do it without you.
Support local journalism.

Comments

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Be the first to know

Get the latest headlines sent straight to your inbox every day.

Peek inside the fine-dining Selby's, opening in Redwood City this summer
By Elena Kadvany | 3 comments | 3,817 views

Homestead Faire at Hidden Villa 4/27
By Laura Stec | 5 comments | 1,141 views

Premarital and Couples: "You're Not Listening to Me!" may mean "I don't feel heard."
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 988 views

All those things our city does – and doesn’t -- do
By Diana Diamond | 6 comments | 964 views

Migraines and motherhood
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 571 views

 

Vote now!

It's time once again to cast your vote for the best places to eat, drink, shop and spend time in Palo Alto. Voting is open now through May 27. Watch for the results of our 2019 Best Of contest on Friday, July 19.

Vote