1. We started off our summer with trips to the Exploritorium, California Academy of Sciences, San Francisco Zoo, Oakland Zoo, Happy Hollow, and Curiodyssey. What favorite museums and zoos would you add to this list?
2. Tide pools in Half Moon Bay. On our first beach trip this year we lucked out and accidentally went to the beach at low tide. Our son had a blast checking out all of the crabs, anemone, urchins, starfish, etc.
3. Donkeys at Barron Park. Somehow we’ve never visited the donkeys at Barron Park until this summer. Thankfully a friend of ours suggested a playdate there and it was great! We’ll need to head back during one of their weekend strolls.
4. Last summer I bought a microscope. This summer we’ve been using it to look at dead spiders and beetles. One beetle tricked us. We thought it was dead, but after our experiment, he flipped over and crawled away!
5. We visit the library frequently throughout the year. When our kids were younger we took advantage of many of the library’s children’s programs. Sadly we don’t make it to as many events as we used to. Last month we were lucky to attend the Marine Science Institute mobile aquarium event at the San Carlos library. It was a lot of fun to touch fish, crabs, etc. If you missed the event in San Carlos, a similar event will be coming to the Woodside Library on Tuesday.