Like little scientists, our kids had a lot of fun measuring the ingredients and trying out different recipes to see which works best. More glycerin, more dish soap, or even just letting the solution sit for a day or a week. Right now our favorite solution makes lots of bubbles all stuck together. In the future maybe we'll do a better job of accurately measuring and writing down what we did so we can make the better bubble solutions again and again.
While it might save some time and money to just buy a big jug of bubble solution, I wanted to do more than blow bubbles. I wanted to give our kids an opportunity to be creative and experiment a bit.
We had a lot of bubble solution afterwards so we used some of it to blow bubbles with straws. And used some of the extra dish soap to make a fun foam.
We've made a big mess, but when the mess is mainly dish soap, it feels a little less chaotic. And once all is cleaned up, I'm hoping the extra dish soap will make my kitchen table, floor and counter extra clean.