Read more onlineDuring the course of reporting on high school coaching, the Weekly explored many facets of the athletic experience for local teens and obtained hundreds of pages of documents from the Palo Alto Unified School District detailing its handling of complaints about coaches. A sampling of these documents, along with additional articles on high school sports, are presented this week in print and online at www.PaloAltoOnline.com. (Last week's Part 1 of the series is available in its entirety online as well.)
More articles and documents posted on Palo Alto Online
This week's online package includes:
- [www.paloaltoonline.com Documents and complaints]: Complaints submitted by parents, letters in support of coaches, e-mail exchanges with officials and responses of administrators related to baseball controversies at Paly and Gunn, softball at Gunn and girls' basketball and water polo at Paly.
- [www.paloaltoonline.com Tips for high school sports parents]: Advice to parents of sports-team members from the founder of the Positive Coaching Alliance.
- [www.paloaltoonline.com Who oversees high school athletic programs?] Athletic directors have big jobs managing teams and coaches, with little time and no extra pay.
- [www.paloaltoonline.com Meet the maze]: An article about the confusing puzzle facing athletes and parents when they seek to raise issues about a coach's behavior.
- [www.paloaltoonline.com Sports Boosters]: How Palo Alto parent groups fund major athletic projects and team expenses.