I'm discouraged about the 3-2 vote last night NOT to proceed with re-opening Garland. But I'm more concerned that the school board doesn't seem to have a clear trigger point for when that decision will be necessary. While I would have supported a decision now to begin steps to reopen a school, I'm comfortable with waiting. But there would be lots less angst in the community if an enrollment level was set that everyone agreed would be the point at which the process of opening a 13th school would commence. Keeping it so subjective just invites division within the community and a sense that it's all a moving target.