http://paloaltoonline.com/square/print/index.php?i=3&d=&t=8633


Town Square

Faulty flue caused Zibbibo fire in Palo Alto

Original post made on Jul 20, 2009

A blaze caused by a faulty flue of a kitchen stove hit the Zibbibo Restaurant in downtown Palo Alto shortly before 2 p.m. Saturday, causing local street closures. ==B Photos by James Tensuan/the Almanac.==

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, July 18, 2009, 3:56 PM

Comments

 +   Like this comment
Posted by PASteve
a resident of Barron Park
on Jul 20, 2009 at 11:43 am

Is the restaurant still open? If not, when is it expected to re-open?


 +   Like this comment
Posted by cieboy
a resident of Barron Park
on Jul 20, 2009 at 4:07 pm

They have the best roasted mussels. (No pun intended)


 +   Like this comment
Posted by DN
a resident of St. Claire Gardens
on Jul 21, 2009 at 7:36 am

Never pay full price for construction products. and Taxi cab drivers make terrific carpenters as well.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by member
a resident of Midtown
on Jul 21, 2009 at 11:22 am

I worked there for a number of years. There were THREE fires during my tenure. One was a mystery fire in the linen closet. The second was a grease fire caused by poor training and supervision. The third was caused by faulty construction. At the grill station nails had been driven through the back wall into the studs. The nails acted as a heat conductor. The nails were hot enough to cause a fire inside the walls. Are these three fires plus the most recent one enough to prompt some scrutiny from PAFD? I hope we can prevent loss of life.


 +   Like this comment
Posted by chris
a resident of University South
on Jul 21, 2009 at 11:34 pm

The restaurant is expected to be closed for a month or more.

By the way, the name is spelled Zibibbo.