Romney agrees with Obama on Healthcare not a tax - RomneyCare was not a tax
Original post made by Kerry Barnes on Jul 2, 2012
FEHRNSTROM: "The governor believes that what we put in place in Massachusetts was a penalty and he disagrees with the court's ruling that the mandate was a tax."
Eric is the guy who carries Mitt Romney's Etch-A-Sketch around the campaign trail, instantly ready to erase Mitt's past:
FEHRNSTROM: "Well, I think you hit a reset button for the fall campaign. Everything changes. It's almost like an Etch-A-Sketch. You can kind of shake it up and restart all of over again."
The whole segment:
Host: What you just said is that Governor Romney agrees that it's not a tax. But you guys call it a penalty.
ERIC FEHRNSTROM (TOP ROMNEY AIDE): The governor disagreed with the court. He agreed with the dissent that was written by Justice Scalia which very clearly stated that the mandate was not a tax.
Host: So ... I think we're talking around each other. The governor does not believe the mandate is a tax, that's what you're saying?
FEHRNSTROM: The governor believes that what we put in place in Massachusetts was a penalty and he disagrees with the court's ruling that the mandate was a tax.
Host: But he agrees with the president that it is not, that you shouldn't call the tax penalty a tax, you should call it a penalty or a fee or a fine?
FEHRNSTROM: That's correct.
Conservatives beware, Mitt agrees with Obama on RomneyCare/ObamaCare/ Heritage plan, etc.. The EtchASketch is being used with increased frequency
Conservatives need a third party Tea Party candidate in Tampa. Or it's a another Obama/McCain blowout - Obama by at least 75 EV's.
on Jul 2, 2012 at 9:39 am
Here come the crazies -- it's a zillion dollar tax on everyone, itts a goverment takeover, even though we all use private insurance, Obamas a socialist etc.
But Mitt agrees.
Not a tax.
on Jul 2, 2012 at 11:46 am
Wingnutville ignores that we get all the great things from RomneyObamaCare and all they can scream about is some stupid tax thing thatRomey disagrees with.
Stupidest election campaign of all time. Keep it up, Mitt.
on Jul 3, 2012 at 9:16 am
Not a tax, as Mitt says, and the President's statement from another thread:
- "First, if you're one of the more than 250 million Americans who already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance -- this law will only make it more secure and more affordable.
- Insurance companies can no longer impose lifetime limits on the amount of care you receive.
- They can no longer discriminate against children with preexisting conditions.
- They can no longer drop your coverage if you get sick.
- They can no longer jack up your premiums without reason.
- They are required to provide free preventive care like check-ups and mammograms -- a provision that's already helped 54 million Americans with private insurance.
- And by this August, nearly 13 million of you will receive a rebate from your insurance company because it spent too much on things like administrative costs and CEO bonuses, and not enough on your health care.
- Because of the Affordable Care Act, young adults under the age of 26 are able to stay on their parent's health care plans -- a provision that's already helped 6 million young Americans.
- And because of the Affordable Care Act, seniors receive a discount on their prescription drugs -- a discount that's already saved more than 5 million seniors on Medicare about $600 each.
All of this is happening because of the Affordable Care Act."