This topic is in context to an artile posted on another topic. I felt this deserves to be a topic on its own. Anne is a probably a new resident of Palo Alto.
Here is how it goes about in Palo Alto.
1. You move to Palo Alto all starry eyed.
2. You find services in PA "less" than the services where you moved from.
3. You complain.
4. You are told we have the best services of all.
5. You still complain.
6. You are told you are a loud mouth ("the vocal few")
7. You complain.
8. You learn to live with it.
9. You listen to complainers like "Anne" thinking she is struggling like you did.
10. You learn that "per capita" expense on PA residents is the highest in the bay area, but you still dont see the returns on the expense.
11. You find out that most of the money spent by the city is spent on salaries and pensions.
10. You drive on bumpy roads
100. You move on with life.
1000. You are happy some idiot is going to spend loads of money to buy your house when decide to sell.