What is a Trillion?
Original post made by resident, Adobe-Meadow, on Aug 27, 2009
But with the cover of the Bernanke reappointment the White House finally came clean: yes, the 10-year deficit will be (at least) $9.3 trillion. This projected 10 years of spending will total more debt to this country than the prior 200-years combined. Wow!
So how much is just $1 trillion? That number is so massively large that it is truly incomprehensible.
- Spending $1 million dollars a day for 2,000 years is only three-quarters of a trillion dollars. Said another way, spending $1 million per day...every day...since Jesus was born still doesn't get you to $1 trillion, let alone $9.3 trillion.
- A million seconds is about 11? days. A billion seconds is about 32 years, and a trillion seconds is 32,000 years. Nine trillion seconds is...a really long time!
- The National Cancer Institute has a budget of about $6 billion. You could fund this organization for almost 1,500 years with $9 trillion.
- One trillion $1 bills stacked one on top of the other would reach nearly 68,000 miles (about 109,400 kilometers) into the sky, or about a third of the way from the Earth to the moon.
- A quilt stitched with 1 trillion dollar bills would cover the entire state of Connecticut.
- $1 trillion would support the children of 358,764 octo-moms - from birth through college.
Couple’s Strife: 3 Tools for a Happier Relationship
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,124 views