The world's strangest laws
Original post made by Sharon on Feb 26, 2009
8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.
7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.
6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.
5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to "own" a pet the town's citizens, legally speaking, are merely "pet minders".
4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.
3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.
2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 1,879 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 1,135 views
It Depends... Disguising Real Characters in Fiction
By Nick Taylor | 0 comments | 379 views