Posted by member, a resident of the Midtown neighborhood, on Jul 21, 2009 at 11:22 am
I worked there for a number of years. There were THREE fires during my tenure. One was a mystery fire in the linen closet. The second was a grease fire caused by poor training and supervision. The third was caused by faulty construction. At the grill station nails had been driven through the back wall into the studs. The nails acted as a heat conductor. The nails were hot enough to cause a fire inside the walls. Are these three fires plus the most recent one enough to prompt some scrutiny from PAFD? I hope we can prevent loss of life.