Heavenly Palo Alto
Original post made by This City is Godly on Aug 2, 2007
Here is how it goes about in Palo Alto.
1. You move to Palo Alto all starry eyed.
2. You find services in PA "less" than the services where you moved from.
3. You complain.
4. You are told we have the best services of all.
5. You still complain.
6. You are told you are a loud mouth ("the vocal few")
7. You complain.
8. You learn to live with it.
9. You listen to complainers like "Anne" thinking she is struggling like you did.
10. You learn that "per capita" expense on PA residents is the highest in the bay area, but you still dont see the returns on the expense.
11. You find out that most of the money spent by the city is spent on salaries and pensions.
10. You drive on bumpy roads
100. You move on with life.
1000. You are happy some idiot is going to spend loads of money to buy your house when decide to sell.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Services, Dining and Shopping Downtown in Palo Alto
By Steve Levy | 16 comments | 2,256 views
Handmade truffle shop now open in downtown Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 3 comments | 2,003 views
It's the End of the World as We Know It: "Snowpiercer"
By Anita Felicelli | 1 comment | 1,504 views