Man attacks, robs bicyclist Thursday

Original post made on Apr 25, 2014

Palo Alto police have arrested a man who attacked and robbed a bicyclist on an East Bayshore Road bike trail Thursday morning.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, April 25, 2014, 10:44 AM

Posted by Wondering?, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Apr 25, 2014 at 11:18 am

[Post removed.]

Posted by scout, a resident of Atherton
on Apr 25, 2014 at 11:57 am

[Post removed.]

Posted by musical, a resident of Palo Verde
on Apr 25, 2014 at 12:20 pm

In spite of the ACLU's best efforts, California law allows collection of DNA samples from anyone arrested on a felony, even if criminal charges are never pressed. But I don't know how diligent they are about this down at the County Jail. DNA is pretty specific regarding real identity, insofar as anyone with more than one arrest or who has left such evidence at earlier crime scenes.

Posted by anonymous, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Apr 25, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Do police think this guy had been camped out in the Baylands? this concerns me since I like to walk out there like other local residents. If he was on foot, how did he arrive at that location (I guess that is my question) Did he hitch a ride with someone? Depart from an area shelter for the homeless?

Posted by Illuminato, a resident of another community
on Apr 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

Is that a Stanford t-shirt? Possibly a Stanford grad here.

Posted by Amusing, a resident of Community Center
on Apr 26, 2014 at 1:10 am

I just think it's funny that a simple statement in the article, "has no permanent residence" immediately leads some people to leap to the conclusion the man has no ID, his name is fake, he is an illegal alien, and DNA is needed to truly know who this guy is. Next is how unfair that DNA can be collected, and I really have no idea where the "terrorist card" came from.

All I see is a homeless guy that will now get hot meal and a warm place to sleep. Smart enough to be a Stanford grad!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

The dress code
By Jessica T | 21 comments | 1,866 views

September food and drink goings on

. . . People will never forget how you made them feel.

Two Days to Save This Dog?
By Cathy Kirkman | 15 comments | 1,233 views