TP'd last night

Original post made by TP_in_my_tree on Dec 22, 2013

Did anyone else's house get TP'd last night? Our front tree was well-draped with toilet paper, and I'm trying to rule out mass TPing before asking my kids...

Posted by Paly Parent, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Dec 22, 2013 at 9:43 am

Doubt it was your kids, but I bet they know (or will know very quickly) who it was.

Posted by palo alto parent, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Dec 22, 2013 at 12:38 pm

If its any consolation, it means your kids are well liked by someone!

Posted by Agree, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Dec 22, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Yes, your child has friends who like him/her enough to TP your house! Imagine that, PAUSD kids having some fun.

Posted by Jean, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Dec 22, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Ohfergoodness, sake, CHILL. This is not a capital offense. Years ago the night before the PALY-Gunn game or homecoming, the cheerleaders T-P'ds the homes of the football players. Traditional. I drove the girls who couldn't drive yet. Had a ball, then a popcorn and treats party afternoon,. And it's not raining, so let the kids alone, and even if it were, so what. This town is getting to be 'too much',,,very 'uptight'.

Posted by Susan, a resident of Midtown
on Dec 22, 2013 at 3:19 pm

>I drove the girls who couldn't drive yet. Had a ball, then a popcorn and treats party afternoon,. And it's not raining, so let the kids alone, and even if it were, so what. This town is getting to be 'too much',,,very 'uptight'.

Happened to me a couple of times. I could appreciate the fun of it, during the act, but the perps should knock on my door the next day, and offer to clean it up. My husband ended up doing it, and he was not a happy camper.

Posted by TP_in_my_tree, a resident of Crescent Park
on Dec 22, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Jean - posting this question was just a way of trying to get a convo started. I went to Paly myself, and TP'ing was one of the more innocuous things we did in the 80s.

- Being introduced to weed in Troop 57, while staying away from the patrols that were experimenting with shrooms and acid. When a Star scout was hallucinating an all-destroying forest fire your first time at Oljato, pot felt safe, very safe. That lesson of the unfathomed depths unsupervised drug use could lead to kept countless others from going to far during experimentation stage

- We dufus, shy guys were all too caught up in the awkward, mostly fabricated macho talk about doin' the deed with girls, when in reality we had no clue other than some mags found under an older brothers' mattress. Then as now, TPing was an awesome way to build a bridge between affection and action.

Posted by No thank you please, a resident of Old Palo Alto
on Dec 23, 2013 at 7:49 am

Too much information, dude. Save it for your memoirs.

Posted by Paly Alum, a resident of Palo Alto High School
on Dec 23, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Ha, "No thank you please!" My thoughts too.

@TP_in_my_tree: I don't understand why you posted because you seem to be complaining about it and then you support the activity in your second posting.

@Susan: Cleaning up the TP defeats the fun of it all. Your children should have cleaned it up.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.