Palo Alto's sister city suffers in typhoon aftermath

Original post made on Nov 13, 2013

In the aftermath of Super Typhoon Yolanda, Palo Alto's Phillipine sister city, Palo, Leyte Island, has suffered major damage and fatalities, according to Philippine news reports.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, November 12, 2013, 9:27 PM

Posted by helping
a resident of Downtown North
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:40 am

I'm glad that the city is sending a donation to get the ball rolling. I'm also glad that this article is recommending specific charities (I assume vetted by the newspaper) that concerned citizens can send their own donations to. I'm writing my check now.

Posted by J.M.S.S
a resident of Jordan Middle School
on Nov 13, 2013 at 11:15 am

We hope all of you living in the Philippines get help and our school might start a fund-raiser to help you all.

Posted by Typhoon What?
a resident of Palo Alto Hills
on Nov 13, 2013 at 11:23 am

No one else anywhere is calling it Typhoon Yolanda.....it has a Tagalog name.

Posted by Fleda
on Nov 13, 2013 at 9:43 pm

I am a resident of Redwood City, CA but I grew up in Palo, Leyte. My family and relatives were affected by Typhoon Haiyan. They lost their homes, food supply and medicine are scarce as of this time. Any help from you guys will be much appreciated. In behalf of the PALOANONS (people of Palo, Leyte) "MADAMO NA SALAMAT" (Thank you very much)!!!

Posted by helping
a resident of Downtown North
on Nov 14, 2013 at 8:26 am

The local CBS radio and TV stations are holding a fundraiser for typhoon relief today. Proceeds go to the Red Cross typhoon relief fund. Web Link

Posted by John
on Nov 14, 2013 at 12:28 pm

I give great credit to the U.S. Military for being a real game changer, when it is needed.