Why does PA Online keep delivering newspapers to my driveway?

Original post made by wasted paper, Duveneck/St. Francis, on Sep 20, 2013

As I was leaving my house this evening, a van drove by and a newspaper came flying into my driveway. Annoyed, I picked it up to find a hard copy of the PA Weekly, which I promptly deposited into my recycle bin.

This story contains 67 words.

If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.

If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.

Posted by Resident
on Sep 20, 2013 at 9:03 pm

You are lucky, they always miss my house. I haven't had a proper newspaper delivered in months.

Oh, they will delete this thread soon because the advertisers won't want to see that we are not getting what they are paying for.

Posted by Neighbor
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I opted out a couple months ago and have not gotten a paper since. I like to save paper and go online instead. It's not that hard, easier than complaining online, actually.

Posted by wasted paper
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:37 pm

@Neighbor,

Thanks. I found this site: Web Link

which seems like it's for vacation holds but maybe it'll also work for those of us who have never requested the paper and would like to permanently stop delivery.

Is that the site you're using.

Posted by Neighbor
a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:47 pm

@ waster paper
YES, that is the site

Posted by Bill Johnson
publisher of the Palo Alto Weekly
on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Bill Johnson is a registered user.

Wasted paper,

We're happy to stop delivery to you if you'd like to contact us and
provide your address. We are regularly adding people who want to receive the paper and stopping delivery to those on vacation or preferring not to receive it and read it online instead.

Posted by bru
on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:33 pm

bru is a registered user.

I enjoy reading and participating in discussions at Palo Alto Online, and occasionally read the Weekly in restaurants or waiting rooms ... so I do not need it delivered to my home. They just end up in the recycle.

Can you please post a link and/or the process for getting delivery stopped for good to a given address? Thank you.

To post your comment, please login or register at the top of the page. This topic is only for those who have signed up to participate by providing their email address and establishing a screen name.

Heart Pounding, Hands Cold and Sweating