Why does PA Online keep delivering newspapers to my driveway?

Original post made by wasted paper on Sep 20, 2013

As I was leaving my house this evening, a van drove by and a newspaper came flying into my driveway. Annoyed, I picked it up to find a hard copy of the PA Weekly, which I promptly deposited into my recycle bin.

Can the Weekly please stop littering in my driveway? At the very least, let me opt out of home delivery and let's save some trees.

Posted by Resident, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Sep 20, 2013 at 9:03 pm

You are lucky, they always miss my house. I haven't had a proper newspaper delivered in months.

Oh, they will delete this thread soon because the advertisers won't want to see that we are not getting what they are paying for.

Posted by Neighbor, a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:24 pm

I opted out a couple months ago and have not gotten a paper since. I like to save paper and go online instead. It's not that hard, easier than complaining online, actually.

Posted by wasted paper, a resident of Duveneck/St. Francis
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:37 pm

@Neighbor,

Thanks. I found this site: Web Link

which seems like it's for vacation holds but maybe it'll also work for those of us who have never requested the paper and would like to permanently stop delivery.

Is that the site you're using.

Posted by Neighbor, a resident of Embarcadero Oaks/Leland
on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:47 pm

@ waster paper
YES, that is the site

Posted by Bill Johnson, publisher of the Palo Alto Weekly
on Sep 20, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Bill Johnson is a registered user.

Wasted paper,

We're happy to stop delivery to you if you'd like to contact us and
provide your address. We are regularly adding people who want to receive the paper and stopping delivery to those on vacation or preferring not to receive it and read it online instead.

Posted by bru, a resident of Crescent Park
on Sep 21, 2013 at 7:33 pm

bru is a registered user.

I enjoy reading and participating in discussions at Palo Alto Online, and occasionally read the Weekly in restaurants or waiting rooms ... so I do not need it delivered to my home. They just end up in the recycle.

Can you please post a link and/or the process for getting delivery stopped for good to a given address? Thank you.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

See Me. Hear Me. Donít Fix Me.

Foothills Park: a world away
By Sally Torbey | 17 comments | 1,790 views

Universal Language
By Cheryl Bac | 3 comments | 1,442 views

On Tour at Selective Schools: Chapman, La Verne, Redlands, Whittier
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,389 views

Two Days to Save This Dog?
By Cathy Kirkman | 11 comments | 737 views