Second indecent-exposure incident in Palo Alto

Original post made on Jan 11, 2013

For the second time in two days, a man has exposed himself to a woman in Palo Alto. Police believe it is likely the same person in both incidents. ==B Related story:==
• [Web Link Indecent exposure reported near California Avenue]

Read the full story here Web Link posted Friday, January 11, 2013, 9:48 AM

Posted by scary
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:53 am

I hope the cops can catch this serial perp quickly. These incidents could easily escalate to physical violence, including rape.

Is there any possibility that this skinny white male is the same skinny white male that allegedly has been robbing local banks and drug stores?

Posted by Elizabeth
on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:34 am

Remember folks, this is the age of cell phones with cameras.

I know if this happens to you, you're probably too shocked to think of it, but it's a powerful tool for helping police if you are in such a distressing situation.

Posted by Old Town Paly Resident
on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:54 am

PLEASE PAPD catch this creep before he escalates his crimes and God Willing before he hits our schools and children!!!

Posted by Parent
on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:51 am

This reminds me of my school days. I went to a private girls' school and for many years there was a flasher who would hang around after school looking for likely candidates to expose himself to. The police knew all about him saying he was harmless and if we laughed at him he would run away. I was never one of those who saw him and felt rather disappointed.

How times have changed!

Posted by Cur Mudgeon
a resident of Greenmeadow
on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Years ago, Mitchell Park was where flashers went, to expose to our school kids, boys and girls alike. Even more years ago, I was flashed in my home city while waiting for the bus after school. I didn't realize I'd been flashed until afterward, when I thought about what I saw. My son was flashed in the boys' department at a Marshall's store, by a perv who held a newspaper in front of his "objectionable content."
Flashing happens. Take photos--but not too close up. : )

Posted by Sally
on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:56 pm

"Years ago, Mitchell Park was where flashers went, to expose to our school kids, boys and girls alike."

I think that was true. However, once the Little League park got cleaned up, and the bums were cleared out, it had a spillover effect on Mitchell Park. I don't see the perverts over in that area very much, anymore.

Posted by Nora Charles
a resident of Stanford
on Jan 11, 2013 at 4:12 pm

So odd about these people.... I wonder what weird psychological tic compels them to do this? Very disconcerting, and I hope he, or they, are apprehended.

Posted by stevil
a resident of Esther Clark Park
on Jan 11, 2013 at 6:12 pm

[Post removed by Palo Alto Online staff.]

To post your comment, please click here to Log in

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View

Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,760 views

Palo Alto and Bay Area Election Facts and Thoughts on the Implications
By Steve Levy | 13 comments | 1,250 views

Campaign Endorsements: Behind the Curtain
By Douglas Moran | 10 comments | 993 views

Mothers, daughters, books, and boxes
By Sally Torbey | 4 comments | 611 views