thoughts on Gov Romney's comments on 47% of THOSE people
Original post made by a single thoughful question on Sep 18, 2012
- "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you - name - it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what'These are people who pay no income tax."
- His "job is is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."
Among Mitt Romney's 47% he claims he does not worry about?
- all US active duty troops in combat zones (do not pay federal income taxes)
- 2/3rd of those 47% DO PAY other federal taxes, as well as state and local taxes
- More than half are elderly
- Over one-third are nonelderly with income under $20,000
- Only about 1 in 20 is nonelderly with income over $20,000
In the 47% of people Mitt claims to not care about:
- in 2011, 7,000 millionaires paid no income tax Web Link
- half a million families making more than $100,000, also paid no income tax.
- of the 400 wealthiest American taxpayers in 2009, six paid no income tax
- in 2011, about 7,000 taxpayers with income over $1 million paid no income taxes.
My thoughtful comment follows...
- Given Gov Romney's recorded comments about those 47 percent who do not pay federal income tax
- given the prevalence of incredibly wealthy citizens among those who do not pay income tax
- given that Gov Romney is running for the office of tax policy writer-in-chief
- given that Mitt Romney's father released 12 years of tax returns in 1968, as has every President since
- given that Mitt Romney gave John McCain 23 years of tax returns in 2008
- given that Mitt Romney REQUIRED ten years of tax returns from his VP candidate, Paul Ryan
****** Shouldn't Gov Romney be transparent with the American people and release his tax returns for the last ten years? *******
Editor, I hope that meets your definition of a thoughtful post.
I would post links to every fact above, but there is a limits to the number of links that can be added to these posts.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
It Depends... Disguising Real Characters in Fiction
By Nick Taylor | 0 comments | 424 views