Police chase man through Stanford mall

Original post made on Aug 14, 2012

Police chased a suspected perfume thief through Stanford Shopping Center Monday afternoon, ending with his apprehension at a bus stop on Quarry Road. A juvenile was also arrested, Palo Alto police said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 9:40 AM

Posted by explain please?
on Aug 14, 2012 at 11:05 am

"The juvenile was cited and released."

Please explain. Standard operating procedure?

Posted by A.Mitchell
a resident of Professorville
on Aug 14, 2012 at 12:43 pm

The police were hot on their "SCENT".

Posted by jb
a resident of Leland Manor/Garland Drive
on Aug 14, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Dear Explain Please. Could it be that the combination of being a minor and perhaps having no loot in his possession meant that "cite and release" was the only possible response.

Posted by bill g
on Aug 14, 2012 at 8:04 pm

Palo Alto police officer A. Moore is an agent, not a sergeant. She is also a female.

I would have liked to have seen the foot pursuit.

Posted by M
on Aug 15, 2012 at 12:14 am

To "explain please?" - Dealing with juveniles involves different procedures than dealing with adults.

Posted by Monica Yeung Arima
a resident of Professorville
on Aug 15, 2012 at 1:12 am

Monica Yeung Arima is a registered user.

At least the police is busy in catching the shop lifter. I called the PA police tonight to report that I found the kids that stolen my dog, Chris, but they said they are too busy to solving crime problems.

I have a full page ad for Chris this last Friday (8/10) on PA Weekly. I found my dog Chris from some leads. Some kids have him and decided to keep him. He goes to Menlo Atherton High School and I need help to locate where he lives. He is a senior and I have his name. Call me at 650 888-4116 if you can help me. The police said that the school is not going to start until a couple weeks but I think we can do better than that. My dog is microchip and license with Palo Alto Animal Services.

Posted by x
on Aug 15, 2012 at 7:33 am

Thats the problem with our system. Anyone under 18 is cited and released to their parents. Thier parents dont care and the teens basically are getting away with what ever crimes they commit. We should bouild more jails and get these criminals out of the community, even if they are 16 or 17. Teens commit most of the crimes because they know the law wont be as tough on them.

Posted by Just a tip
on Aug 15, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Monica: Have you tried searching this kid on Facebook? After doing so, I'm sure you can see if he has his parents listed on his profile. If not, contact someone you know that goes to Menlo Atherton and try to get your hands on the student directory so you can call his parents and get your puppy back!