VIDEO: Palo Alto celebrates May Fete Parade

Original post made on May 7, 2012

The 90th annual May Fete Parade marched through downtown Palo Alto Saturday, May 5, as an array of group floats, musicians, martial-arts demonstrations and costumed characters showcased "Palo Alto at Play." Video by James Tensuan.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, May 5, 2012, 3:27 PM

Posted by Granma
a resident of Downtown North
on May 7, 2012 at 11:00 am

James, this was a delightful video of a wonderful event that aways makes me smile. I walked in the "pet parade" with my badly behaved cocker when I was 4. I am a little older now but would not miss it.

Posted by Ann
on May 7, 2012 at 11:42 am

What a great video. I loved the fact that the marching band was playing a Mexican march in honor of Cinco de Mayo! It is a fun march to listen to. The ending with the music teacher instructing the students as to the ending of the piece was a nice touch. Good job and thanks for the movie of the event. I couldn't make it this year.

Posted by Laurie N.
a resident of Charleston Meadows
on May 7, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Wonderful video! Brought back poignant memories of when my daughter marched there in the Nixon School group about 25 years ago. This time I accompanied my son, wife and their two young sons (ages 1.5 and 4) visiting from Switzerland, who loved it all. They've never seen anything like it before. Thanks to all, including the Weekly, who helped make this possible.

Posted by Grandma
a resident of South of Midtown
on May 8, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Are we listening to the Gunn or Paly marching band? They sound as good as when my kids marched in the Gunn band!!!!

Posted by Crescent Park Dad