In Old Palo Alto, something to talk about

Original post made on Nov 23, 2011

Last Halloween, Old Palo Alto resident Catherine Debs launched a beautification project in her neighborhood aimed at bringing people together. The creations, centered on a traffic median, have become the talk of the town. Photo by Veronica Weber/Palo Alto Online.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, March 24, 2012, 12:42 PM

Posted by cheaper, a resident of Adobe-Meadows
on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:34 am

Cheaper to replace a questionable pipeline than to replace a neighborhood.

Posted by Chris Logan, a resident of Greenmeadow
on Nov 23, 2011 at 10:45 am

As a resident of Charleston Rd, I would appreciate updates on work being done to plan my route. It took 30 minutes recently to travel from Alma to San Antonio on Charleston Rd. Surely there is a way to give residents of the Charleston corridor a "traffic update" for potential delays........ I know the work is essential for our safety, however, given the high volume of traffic in the corridor a system needs to be in place to create detours for certain times of the day to avoid gridlock.

Posted by ASAP, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Nov 23, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Wow!! Living in Charleston Gardens next to the section of pipeline 109 that comes in from Mountain View, this article does not exactly fill me with much confidence.

I just wish they could do the work in 2012 and not wait 'till 2013; I feel like I'm living on a time bomb. Anyway, thanks to Pat Burt for pushing PG&E, line 109 obviously needs some immediate attention.

As for traffic delays, PG&E can delay the traffic all they want to make gas line 109 safer ASAP.

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Nov 23, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

I can't say I am comfortable with the line that runs past El Carmelo school.

Posted by Edward, a resident of Charleston Gardens
on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Line 109 runs right outside my door. On my side walk is all the 'graffiti' the workers are using to illustrate where everything is. I hope they do a good job and there are no missteps, I like my things.

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Nov 23, 2011 at 9:39 pm

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

Remember, Edward, in case of fire, the BACK DOOR!!!

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.