Feature story: Ink on exhibit

Original post made on Nov 18, 2011

The artists are adorned all over: a star under the eye, a butterfly on a knee, a wide-eyed devil on an upper arm. Now they also have tattoos in a more unusual place: an art gallery.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, November 17, 2011, 11:25 AM

Posted by Watcher, a resident of Stanford
on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:38 am

Ugh and double ugh.

Posted by Ick, a resident of South of Midtown
on Nov 18, 2011 at 10:57 am

And Ick.
When I see tattoos on people I recoil. I wonder what subconscious horrors or desires are being displayed, that I don't want to see.

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:32 am

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

Oh, come on. A little tramp stamp is nice.

Posted by AMRW, a resident of another community
on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:49 am

Ick and Watcher, so much for Palo Alto being the most educated city...I guess education doesn't necssarily foster acceptance.

Posted by Resident, a resident of Another Palo Alto neighborhood
on Nov 18, 2011 at 12:51 pm

I hope that no young people are influenced to get dangerous tatoos or body piercings from this article.

I personally don't like permanent body alterations which for the most part in my opinion look ugly and unattractive on an otherwise attractive person. But my bigger concern is that young people will do something that they will later regret.

I think an article like this should be balanced with the health risks and removal risks rather than full of admiration for the "art".

Posted by To AMRW, a resident of Stanford
on Nov 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm

To the contrary, having taste has everything to do with education - an aesthetic education. While I certainly respect and support the right to get body art, I am not an admirer of it, nor do I consider it an art worthy of an exhibition. When I go to an art exhibition, it's to be enriched, and this doesn't qualify, for me. It's fine if you disagree, but your silly beliefs about education show your ignorance.

-Watcher

Posted by Walter_E_Wallis, a resident of Midtown
on Nov 21, 2011 at 10:39 am

Walter_E_Wallis is a registered user.

How about the health risk of too much exposure? How much skin cancer could have been prevented by clothing that covers?

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.