PA City Mgr total comp - +/- $540k per year???!!!
Original post made by Diogenes, Crescent Park, on Oct 21, 2011
My curiosity was first piqued by articles in the Palo Alto Free Press which have not been picked up by any other media, and more recently by a posting here by VoxPop, who challanged me to do more and better research on the topic before posting. Accordingly, I have proceeded to so do, and am providing my findings herein.
This is what I have found regarding the total value of all aspects of the compensation that City Manager James Keene receives from the City of Palo Alto:
1. $260,000 base salary, as reported to the League of Cities in 2010
2. $130,000 benefit value for medical, dental, retirement, sick leave, etc. at a 50% factor as indicated by City budget and payroll staff.
3. $ 36,750 "off the books" deferred compensation
4. $ 7,800 "transportation" allowance.
5. $105,000 unreported housing subsidy value, per my prior analysis
$539,550 Total compensation value per year
Next up: A comparison to other Cities.....
I note that comments were not restricted in my last posting. Hopefully that practice will continue.
One night only: ‘Occupy the Farm’ screening in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 2,005 views
Guest Post #2 from HSSV: Labradoodle Back on His Feet
By Cathy Kirkman | 0 comments | 278 views